Service / Training / Support
GBTS - Software Engineer
Our Software department for Ground Based Training Systems (GBTS) has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer.
Your place of work: Stans, Switzerland
What you do:
- Implement and troubleshoot to completion the simulation software using C++ coding language for Linux platforms by performing integration, validation & verification activities related to the software produced and in support to the testing team.
- Liaise with a wide variety of project stakeholders on a technical level to ensure full system and software requirements fulfilment, traceability and testability.
- Provide support to software bug-fixing, improvement and maintenance.
- Production of software design documentation and test procedures for all implemented software components.
- Job related travels are to be expected and will depend on the project phase.
What you bring:
- Have experience in C++ software development on Linux and SCM (Source Code Management) applications such as Subversion or Git.
- A proven recent history of programming experience, preferably for aircraft avionic systems, either on real or simulated systems will constitute advantage.
- Familiarity and adaptability to work on several aspects of the full development lifecycle of software, preferably for engineering systems and/or simulation projects (requirements analysis, design, coding, integration, testing, formal validation and verification, debugging, support, maintenance, logistics, etc.).
- A self-starter and open-minded mentality with excellent team player skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with orientation towards demonstrating high levels of professionalism and efficiency in aims to satisfying customer needs as well as supporting team members in the accomplishment of the designated tasks.
- Very good English language skills (level C1), both verbally and in writing, German advantageous.
For further information about the advertised position please get in touch with Markus Huber, HR Manager, Phone +41 41 619 62 58.