Safety & Quality Manager
Pilatus Australia Pty Ltd is hiring a Safety & Quality Manager (SQM) to join our management team in a role reporting directly to the CEO.
Based in Adelaide, the SQM is responsible for the Safety Management System (SMS) and Quality Management System (QMS) of Pilatus Australia's operations.
The SQM administers all safety and quality policies and procedures, demonstrating Pilatus Australia's commitment to performance standards equal with best industry practice. This specialised work within the aviation industry requires above average attention to detail, strong aviation certification and compliance experience and culture, and the required eligibility for CASA approval as an appointed Form 4 holder in the capacity of SQM.
You must be a highly motivated individual who possesses strong interpersonal and decision-making skills, be strong with follow-through on tasks and maintain high levels of safety and compliance while working effectively within both team and autonomous environments.
Take your career to the next level within Pilatus Australia Pty Ltd!
Your place of work:
What you do:
- Establishing an independent SMS and QMS to ensure the compliance
- Implementing and promoting the company SMS and QMS and ensuring that policies, procedures and regulations (including Part 145 MOS and CASR 1998) within are followed and safety culture adhered to
- Incident and accident investigations
- Maintaining the company's Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
- Reporting and trend and root cause analysis
- Management of internal and external audits
- Ensuring that certifying employees including Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and specialist maintenance employees, are assessed for competency
- Management of certifying employee competence assessments and currency training
- Maintaining training and competency of all employees and subcontractors
- CASA liaison officer
- Reviewing and approving suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
What you bring:
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of CASA Regulations industry best practices and WHS requirements
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the application of human factors and human performance issues appropriate to the role of the Safety Manager
- Relevant Investigation Training desirable
- Broad operational knowledge and experience in the functions of an aviation organisation is desirable
- Experience in the operation of an SMS and QMS
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role
What we offer
- Opportunity to play a key role in upholding safety and quality standards in a prestigious aerospace company
- Collaborative and dynamic work environment that encourages innovation and personal growth
- Competitive compensation package and benefits
- Commitment to ongoing training and professional development
Become part of the Pilatus family
- We want to address everyone with our job ad's and are committed to diversity in our company – we are looking forward to receiving your online application
- For impressions: Check Instagram «pilatusaircraft»
Tom Strout, Chief Financial Officer, Phone: +61 8238 1612